Sunday, February 19, 2012

I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

Lent is coming very soon.  What that means for me is that I will be blogging just about every day and recording a video every week...well, trying to anyway.  Lately I have struggled even to get a written entry posted each week and now I'm faced with what has become a daunting prospect of posting a note every day and posting a video every week.

I'm really not sure how well I'm going to pull this off.  I have a lot going on in my life these days - a lot of things I am trying to get done.  But I made a promise and I am determined to follow through, just like the four men with their paralytic friend who relentlessly overcame one obstacle after another.

Blowing off a promise for Lent, or for anything really, is just bad practice.  I need not look any further back than Lent in 2010, which was poorly planned and even more poorly executed.  The result?  It went VERY badly.  To be fair, my life at that time was already in a bit of turmoil anyway.  Although my life is decidedly happier now than it was back then, I would still be inclined to avoid a repeat of the poor performance from that rather painful time in my life.

Mark 2: 1-12

No comments:

Post a Comment